Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

House of Ginjah Unveiled

House of Ginjah unveiled

From the stable of Terry G’s Production (TGP) comes the much anticipated and talked about House of Ginjah crew which consist of four diverse and talented acts whose individual strength cut across different music genres such as R&B, Dancehall, Rap and Pop. The ensemble is made up of young and talented acts such as: D Money, Rakwell, I.Q and Prince Banton.

The group is about to drop its debut album entitled 8th Mainland Bridge and the management of TGP Entertainment is about to seal a deal with a marketer for the yet-to-be released 12 track collection.

D Money

He is Terry G’s sibling and he says his most embarrassing moment was the day he was turned down by a girl in front of his friends. Daniel Oche Amanyi a.k.a. D Money is a 23 year old dude who likes hanging out with friends and he is an R&B crooner that does a little bit of hip hop.

He is also gearing up for a successful career in music on the stable of TGP. When asked, he said: ‘‘I have a phobia for heights and I like being around happy people. Not just happy people but happy people with a good sense of humor. My favorite meal is Pounded Yam and Egusi soup with Goat meat. If there is anybody I would love to meet, that person should be Jesus Christ. I hope to be really famous in the near future and I am going to do everything necessary to become a success in my career.

‘‘If I had my way, things would be done differently in this part of the world. People are not living well and there is so much suffering around us. Things must change and our government should provide necessary amenities for the masses.’’ He said.

D Money’s is a fan of American actor, Samuel L Jackson and an ardent Chelsea fan.


Rakwell

His greatest wish is for people to love one another and his happiest moment was the day he was handed the sum of $1000. Ugochukwu Ikpeama a.k.a Rakwell is a budding 24 year old rapper who is studiously pruning his rap skills and he believes that with hard work and consistency he would go places.

‘‘If I work hard enough, I hope to buy myself a Cadillac. I love that car brand with a passion. It defines my style and don’t be surprised to see me in one very soon. My greatest wish is to have a duet with Li’ll Wayne; I like his style of rap and he inspires me a lot. I love all kinds of music and I am designer freak. I love Gucci, Fendi, Prada and Armani designers. I also intend to be the C.E.O of a record label in the future,’’ he said.

Rakwell is a staunch Chelsea fan and he has a phobia for flying. ‘‘I have a phobia for flying; I don’t usually feel comfortable each time I fly. I started noticing that I couldn’t stand it when I was younger and I think it is something that I have to work on because the opportunity for me to fly will always arise as an artiste.’’ The Imo born rapper said.

I.Q

His lyrics are usually encapsulated with strong Hausa idioms and the 26 year old Aliu Shoaga a.k.a. IQ (finally, finally) would have been a footballer were it not for music. ‘‘I love football with a passion and if not for music, I would have been a professional footballer. I guess that is why the happiest moment in my life that I can recall was in 1996, when the Nigerian Under- 23 team won the Olympic Gold medal in Atlanta.

‘‘I was once a member of the Pepsi Football Academy and I also love singing, watching movies, traveling and meeting new people. 2pac Amaru Shakur really inspired me, and I used to mime his songs while I was in High School but I later switched to delivering my songs in Hausa. I love doing what makes me happy and I think my saddest moment to date was the day our fellow colleague and friend, Dagrin lost his life.’’ He added.

I.Q is also a staunch Chelsea fan but he admires the mercurial skills of Lionel Messi. His favorite movies are: Forest Gump, Titanic and Boys in the Hood. The Ogun state born artiste also likes Hollywood actors such as Jim Carey and Halle Berry.

Prince Banton

Dancehall chanter, Prince Banton a.k.a. ‘Ever ready’ is one artiste that intends to keep the fire of reggae music burning as long as he breathes. His was christened Dare Egerega when he was born and he does not like hanging out with untruthful people. ‘‘Dancehall music is ‘a feel good music’ and I was inspired by the likes of Buju Banton, Shaba Ranks and Super Cat. My wildest imagination is to become the President of Jamaica and I am a die hard fan of Arsenal Football Club. Cesc Fabregas, the captain of Arsenal, is one person I like a lot; I like his humility and skill. He is my kind of leader.

‘‘I believe Nigeria would become a better place if there is less corruption; I love this country a great deal and I believe things will become better if only we do things right.’’ He said.

25 year old Prince Banton would love to visit Ethiopia and Jamaica; he loves Eba and Vegetable soup and plays Basketball. Dancing, reading, swimming and listening to music are his favorite past times. ‘‘Whenever I am not in the studio, I find time to play a little bit of basketball. My favorite actors are; Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nicolas Cage and John Travolta.’’ He said with a word of finality.

No comments:

Post a Comment