Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

ID Cabasa headlined to produce Emmanuel Babayaro's debut album

Former Super Eagles goal tender and Atlanta Olympics Gold medallist,Emmanuel Babayaro is smarting from his recently released singles, andthe making of his first music video entitled Naija Area.
The video features Jude Orhorha, the Amata’s, Sound Sultan,1924, ToluDevine, Tope Swag, ID Cabasa but to mention a few. The footballer nowturned artiste will embark on a trip to European later in the month tosearch for another location for his next video. The video launch willhold at the end of this month and a glut of ex-footballers, fans andfamily members are expected to grace the occasion.
Meanwhile, hot in demand producer ID Cabasa is headlined to produceEmmanuel Babayaro’s debut album which is in its formative stages.
Emmanuel Babayaro, who is the elder brother to Celestine Babayaro,said music was his first love before he took to football. ‘’Footballis all about entertainment and so is music. Anybody that lovesfootball automatically loves music and movies. Music has always beenin me even before football; my parents expected me to become amusician and not a footballer. My parents will tell you that even whenI was given birth to, I had the tendencies to entertain. But as far asI can remember in my senses, me and my brother Celestine would danceand perform in parties and weddings while we were still young. I thinkI was about 10 or 12 then and I was a street dancer.’’
‘’It is not a surprise; even my old school mates would tell you thesame thing. Right from the U17, U20, U23 and the Super Eagles, myselfand Celestine were the main entertainers while we were in camp. Wealways sing, dance and do a lot of other funny things when we were nottraining.’’
Emmanuel has always been a fanatic of rap and hip hop and his kind ofmusic fall into that category. ‘’I have always been a fan of rap andhip hop music. That is what I do principally rap. But my album may bea fusion of Naija Pop, Jazz and hip hop.’’
The ex-footballer has waxed five songs and he has three more in themaking, he is also into acting and movie productions. Emmanuelbelieves that the music industry is the most improved in recent timesand he hopes to make his mark by leaving a lasting impression in theminds of music lovers.
Emmanuel is a fan of Nigerian music and artistes such as: Asa, Sasha,Banky W, Wande Coal and D’banj. ‘’Coming into the music industry is adifferent ball game entirely. I only have the talent and I know that Ican sing and I know I can do great songs. I did some joints recentlywith ID Cabasa and he couldn’t believe I could measure up that well. Ithink my album should be ready in two or three month’s time and itwill be released on the stable of Rectitude records.’’ He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment